Independent harvesting contractors who supply wood to Resolute Forest Products in Northwestern Ontario are looking for mechanics to repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain heavy-duty equipment in their operations.
- Work on feller-bunchers, chippers, grapple skidders, delimbers, bulldozers, graders, dump trucks, excavators
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance, detect faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Class A Heavy Equipment Mechanic License
- Experience with forestry and logging equipment
Home bases of the woodlands contractors are located in the area, but operations can be up to 200 km away, depending on the operation. Some of these contractors require workers to live in camps during the week, and some require daily commuting. All contractors are committed to safe, environmentally compliant operations and offer competitive wages.
Travelling may be required.
Overtime may be required.
Shift work may be required.
Minimum experience: 1 to 2 years
Minimum educational level: Certificate/Diploma from a College or CEGEP
Head Office: 2001 Neebing Ave, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada P7E 6S3
Independent harvesting contractors who supply wood to Resolute Forest Products in Northwestern Ontario are looking for heavy equipment operators, truck drivers/haulers, mechanics, supervisors, and road construction workers to fully staff their operations.