Reporting to the Infrastructure & Security Supervisor, the Infrastructure Architect provides technical, leadership, and project advisory services to Tolko IT, plus supports the IT team & process control group as required. The Infrastructure Architect ensures the resiliency of the Tolko infrastructure (including server/storage/network/telephony & unified communications) through the development and application of best practices, providing the appropriate recommendations and coaching to our technical team. This individual applies excellent communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the IT team and our business on issues related to the support and maintenance of our mission-critical infrastructure.
• Minimum 5 years hands-on storage, servers, networking and Unified Communications experience with relevant infrastructure security best practices
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience
• Broad based business skills and acumen
• Extensive infrastructure design and support experience, including cloud & hybrid models
• Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, servers, storage, mobile phones, tablet and network devices
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows, VMware vSphere and Linux
• Familiarity with the principles of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Enjoys being creative and innovative, with the drive to improve Business Systems and Technology
• Care for yourself and your family with competitive pay and exceptional benefits
• Work with the best and brightest in the industry
• Live where you work
• Work at a company where safety is a core value
• Be part of a sustainable and environmentally responsible company
Build your career with us and apply today!
When you join Tolko, you are signing on with an industry leader in world markets that has built success through three generations with over 3000 employees and growing. Our structure and culture encourage innovation, growth, and change in an open environment. To explore current career opportunities and become a part of our community, apply online today via www.tolko.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Travelling may be required.
Overtime may be required.
Minimum experience: 5 to 10 years
Minimum educational level: Certificate from a University
Head Office: 3000 - 28th Street, Vernon, British Columbia, Canada V1T 6M1
Tolko is a family run, privately owned, Canadian company diversified by geography and product. Tolko manufactures lumber, plywood and veneer, oriented strand board, co-products, biomass power, and a growing number of specialty wood products. Founded in 1956, Tolko today directly employs over 3000 people in 17 operations across Western Canada and delivers products to more than 30 countries around the world.