Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 70 years ago and today the company prides itself as being the largest privately held forest products company operating on the West Coast of Canada. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Divisional Forester at our Fraser Valley Division.
Primary duties will include:
• Implementation and administration of the Forest Stewardship Plan for the Division’s Forest Licence and Timber Licence;
• Organizing all silviculture activities in the Fraser Valley Division;
• Co-ordinate silviculture activities in the Company’s Coastal Operations;
• Prepare Forestry Budgets and Silviculture Accruals.
• Provide liaison with First Nations, Government Agencies, and Special Interest Groups;
• Assist in the preparation and review of Cutting Permit applications, Site Plans, and Logging Plans and other projects required to meet the Company’s production objectives;
• Organize Planting, Sowing, Brushing, Silviculture Surveys, Road Deactivation and Waste and Residue programs at the Fraser Valley Division;
• Co-ordinate the Company’s Corporate Management System and Safety Management System for Forestry Activities in the Fraser Valley Division.
The following qualifications are considered necessary to effectively undertake this position:
• Currently registered with the Association of BC Forest Professionals as a Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technologist (RFT);
• Familiarity with the Legislation and Regulations governing forest practices in BC;
• Background in forestry planning, coastal engineering and silviculture operations;
• Competent with basic computer applications with a working knowledge of RESULTS, PHOENIX, SPAR, and ESF;
• Working knowledge of Commercial Contract preparation and implementation;
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be self directed, and motivated, with the ability to organize and direct projects and personnel;
• Have a class 5 driver’s license.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
• A competitive wage and benefits program;
• A commitment to safety standards;
• A collaborative and respectful work environment.
If you are a Registered Professional Forester or a Registered Forest Technologist who will enjoy a highly challenging career, please forward your resume to the attention of Mr. John Pichugin, RPF by e-mail at email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Head Office: 17897 Triggs Road, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V4N 4M8
The Teal-Jones Group is involved in timber harvesting and the manufacture of primary lumber products in the coastal region of British Columbia, Canada’s most westerly province. We produce a wide range of solid wood products including high quality appearance/decorative products, structural lumber for housing and general construction, special sizes and grades for re-manufacturing, as well as utility and lower grade products suitable for pallets, packaging and other industrial uses. These products are produced in the five softwood species that grow in the coastal region: Western hemlock – Hem-Fir (N), Douglas fir (N), Western red cedar, Yellow cedar and Sitka spruce.