CONSIDER THE LIFESTYLE: Mackenzie British Columbia offers a warm and welcoming Northern community with outstanding four season outdoor recreational activities, including fishing, hunting, an extensive all season trail systems, nearby ski hill, and recreational centre with pool and arena. A safe and secure family focused community, with excellent home affordability, modern schools, activity centers, and health facilities on your doorstep.
As an integral part of the People and Safety Department, the Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing safety support to employees at the Conifex Power Plant. The Safety Coordinator maintains programs, policies and practices to build a safety first behavior based culture. This requires collaborating with the operations team to effectively align and implement programs, provide education and training and lead audit initiatives, including:
• Maintain documentation and document control for the overall Health and Safety program, includes creating new policies, drafting safe work practices documentation, maintaining forms, and reviewing all documentation
• Coordination and administration of the safety system
• Prepare and administer action plans and safety actions from external & internal audits, inspections, and investigations
• Coordinate and implement hazard assessment program & tool
• Dust abatement system management
• Liaison to all departments on OH&S matters
• Rescue equipment management including SCBA
• Fire suppression system compliance management
• Coordinate safety tracking and audit the processes
• Member of the Occupational Health & Safety Committee
• Weekly and month end reporting of safety stats
• Assist with the management employee’s WSBC, WI, LTD claims
• Provides assistance to the Supervisors & Superintendents, assisting with development of programs, tools, & skills
o crew meetings
o Hazard assessments
o Job Training & Competency determination
o Training organization, tracking and management for loaders, forklifts, high angle & confined space rescue, elevated platforms, fall arrest, vessel watch, scaffolding inspection, new & young work orientation, location safety plan
• Shutdown Safety Management including, vessel watch scheduling and supervision, rescue team scheduling and supervision, First Aid scheduling and supervision, contractor orientation and document management
• Alcohol & Drug collection for post-incident, reasonable cause and return to work testing
Minimum experience: 5 to 10 years
Minimum educational level: Certificate/Diploma from a Technical School
Head Office: 980-700 West Georgia Street P.O. Box 10070, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V7Y 1B6
Established in 2008, Conifex Timber Inc. is a growth oriented publicly traded Canadian company operating in British Columbia’s northern interior, with a focus is on forestry, sawmilling, and power generation.
We manufacture structural grade SPF dimension lumber and produce clean, renewable energy from our sawmill residuals.
We practice safety and sustainability in everything we do.
Our strong fibre basket supports lumber production increases and our bioeconomy footprint.