Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 60 years ago. We have built our success and continue to grow.
The Teal-Jones Group is currently accepting resumes for a Forestry Summer Position. This is a temporary position starting May 2018 and ending September 2018.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
• Timber and road reconnaissance
• Road and block boundary traversing
• Deflection lines
• GPS surveying
• Creek assessments
• Silviculture surveys
The following general qualifications are considered important to effectively undertake this position:
• A general knowledge of forestry and related activities;
• The candidate must be physically fit and able to work in rough terrain and adverse weather conditions;
• Work independently and safely in remote areas;
• Familiarity with RoadEng and Microsoft Office applications;
• Camp work including 5 day shifts; and
• The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and provide their own transportation to and from the Pitt Lake boat launch.
The Teal-Jones Group offers:
• A commitment to safety standards;
• The opportunity to work with a variety of professionals in the forest resources sector;
• The opportunity to grow and develop through a variety of tasks and experiences.
This position is based at Teal- Jones’ Pitt Lake operation, located north of Maple Ridge. Room and board is provided by Teal- Jones at the Pitt Lake camp. Occasional work throughout the Fraser Valley maybe required.
Interested persons may forward resumes and a cover letter to the attention of Steve Trommel RPF, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Travelling may be required.
Overtime may be required.
Shift work may be required.
Minimum experience: 0 to 1 year
Minimum educational level: Certificate from a University
Head Office: 17897 Triggs Road, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V4N 4M8
The Teal-Jones Group is involved in timber harvesting and the manufacture of primary lumber products in the coastal region of British Columbia, Canada’s most westerly province. We produce a wide range of solid wood products including high quality appearance/decorative products, structural lumber for housing and general construction, special sizes and grades for re-manufacturing, as well as utility and lower grade products suitable for pallets, packaging and other industrial uses. These products are produced in the five softwood species that grow in the coastal region: Western hemlock – Hem-Fir (N), Douglas fir (N), Western red cedar, Yellow cedar and Sitka spruce.