Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 60 years ago. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
You will work as part of a high performance team with duties including:
• Read, understand and follow work assignment and safety instructions;
• Ensure unobstructed mill flow;
• Use of hand tools to move or adjust materials;
• Continuously lifting and transferring heavy blocks of wood.
• Able to understand and communicate work instructions, safety procedures and policies;
• Able to work in a fast paced production environment;
• Communicate clearly with supervisors, maintenance personnel and co-workers;
• Visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, quick decision making abilities, strong problem solving skills;
• Clear understanding of Metric and Imperial measure;
• Able to work shift work, as required;
• Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently with little supervision;
• Previous experience in an industrial and/or production environment preferred.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
• A competitive wage and benefits program;
• A commitment to safety standards;
• A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Head Office: 17897 Triggs Road, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V4N 4M8
The Teal-Jones Group is involved in timber harvesting and the manufacture of primary lumber products in the coastal region of British Columbia, Canada’s most westerly province. We produce a wide range of solid wood products including high quality appearance/decorative products, structural lumber for housing and general construction, special sizes and grades for re-manufacturing, as well as utility and lower grade products suitable for pallets, packaging and other industrial uses. These products are produced in the five softwood species that grow in the coastal region: Western hemlock – Hem-Fir (N), Douglas fir (N), Western red cedar, Yellow cedar and Sitka spruce.