Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location : TIMMINS, Ontario
EACOM Timber Corporation is a major Canadian wood products company. Its operations include the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of lumber and wood-based value-added products, and the management of forest resources. EACOM currently owns seven sawmills (5 in Ontario, 2 in Quebec), a remanufacturing facility (Quebec) and an engineered I-joists plant (Ontario). Its head office is located in Montreal, Quebec, and the company is now hiring more than 1 000 passionate people. The Company is committed to investing in strong assets, including healthy forests, advanced technology and talented people.
We are looking for an Operations Forester in our TIMMINS location.
Reporting to the Timmins Woodland Manager, duties will include supervision of a variety of forestry activities include silviculture operations, harvest operations, truck haul and a limited amount of forest operations planning.
• As part of the NE Ontario Operations team, you will contribute to common contacting arrangements and continuous improvement in the areas of safety, environmental improvement and cost savings.
• Daily Supervision of forest contractors, peRforming silviculture, road building, harvesting and log hauling activities. This will include monitoring safety, adherence to contract terms, environment and product quality.
• Contribute to the development of Annual Operating Plan and Annual Report for the Licence Areas.
• Implement all facets of the silviculture program and drive continuous improvement
• Participate in the preparation annual budgets and track related costs.
• Maintain accurate geographical representations and digital records of all activities in the company GIS.
• Conduct regular safety and environmental audits of operations.
• Lead monthly one-on-one reviews with contractors regarding performance in the areas of safety, production, forest stewardship and quality.
• Build proactive relationships with key stakeholders within the License Area.
• Develop and implement annual summer student work program for the Licence Area.
• Field location of harvest and silviculture treatment boundaries, along with access and harvest block roads.
• Manage the aggregate pit permits and MNRF compliance reporting.
• Other related tasks.
• Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment;
• Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety and environmental values and results;
• Effective Team Player.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn, a positive attitude, be physically fit, and able to produce positive results with clients and contractors;
• Have leadership skills, be motivated to produce high-quality deliverable products, and be flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have graduated from a recognized University Degree or College Diploma in forestry or have equivalent experience;
• 2-5 Years experience related to aspects of this role.
• Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, ArcGIS (or equivalent) and GPS technology;
• Required to work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions.
• A drivers license in good standing.
• Other assets: Bilingual, Ontario FOIP certificate, and eligible for RPF status.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
Minimum experience: 2 to 5 years
Minimum educational level: Certificate/Diploma from a College or CEGEP
EACOM Timber Corporation is a major Eastern Canadian wood products company formed in 2008. Its head office is located in Montreal, Quebec, with regional offices located in Timmins, Ontario and Val-d’Or, Quebec. In 2010, EACOM acquired Domtar Forest Products Division. As a result, its operations include the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of lumber and wood-based value-added products, and the management of forest resources.
EACOM currently owns seven sawmills (5 in Ontario, 2 in Quebec), a remanufacturing facility (Quebec) and an engineered I-joists plant (Ontario) for a total of more than 1100 employees. Many of these mills have a long, rich history having been part of their communities for over 100 years.
EACOM has a production capacity of approximately 900 million board feet of lumber and holds Crown logging rights of approximately 3.5 million cubic meters annually.
The Company is committed to investing in strong assets, including healthy forests, advanced technology and talented people.