As an integral part of the Fort St. James Team, the Graveyard Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the safety, supervision, organization and training of maintenance crews; ensuring work is performed without undue risk and in compliance with all safety regulations, policies and procedures. As required this position may be responsible for: mobile equipment maintenance; planning project needs, coordinating staffing requirements, direct supervision, and overseeing maintenance staff assigned to designated projects.
• Provide leadership, support, and direction to direct reports as well as the implementation and
management of the divisional safety program including incident investigation and reporting
• Provide leadership and support in implementing corrective measures to overcome equipment problems
• Support a maintenance management system meeting the organizations requirements for quality work
management, cost control, inventory management and information exchange
• Receive calls for troubleshooting on building mechanical systems
• Reviews requests for service, determines whether problem can be resolved in-house, performs or assigns
repair work to maintenance staff, sets priorities, and participates in job tasks as necessary
• Inspects facilities for deficiencies and prepares reports and work orders
• Plan labor and material costs for designated maintenance and repair projects, which may include, ordering
materials, obtaining outside bids, reading blue prints, planning other project needs
• Provide support and assist in the preparation of the annual maintenance sawmill budget and the mobile
• Provide leadership and support in ensuring cost targets are met with regard to budget
• Make recommendations on the need for outside contractors – may prepare bid specifications
• File Management (Maintenance & appropriate communication of equipment records, Synergen, Time and
Attendance, W.O. Safety Tracking System, etc. and any other programs used by the Company.
• Administer Company, Government, & other regulated bodies, policies and practices including the Collective
Agreement identifying actions required to achieve compliance
• Provide leadership and support in achievement of the Corporate and Divisional goals and objectives
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industrial maintenance environment including supervisory experience
• Experience with related software and the development and implementation of preventative maintenance
• Proven ability in safety management, leadership and development skills
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and team building skills
• Solid knowledge of performance management and continuous improvement processes
• Solid understanding and knowledge of optimization equipment and processes
• Strong business acumen
• Strong organizational skills with the desire to accept the challenge of
Minimum experience: 5 to 10 years
Minimum educational level: Certificate/Diploma from a Technical School
Head Office: 980-700 West Georgia Street P.O. Box 10070, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V7Y 1B6
Established in 2008, Conifex Timber Inc. is a growth oriented publicly traded Canadian company operating in British Columbia’s northern interior, with a focus is on forestry, sawmilling, and power generation.
We manufacture structural grade SPF dimension lumber and produce clean, renewable energy from our sawmill residuals.
We practice safety and sustainability in everything we do.
Our strong fibre basket supports lumber production increases and our bioeconomy footprint.