Are you ready to join a fast-paced team that strives to excel in telling stories that bring the Tolko values to life every day? Are you passionate about using your communications education and skills to help create an engaged organization based on the Tolko value of open communication?
Become an integral part of the Tolko team and we will invest in your future aspirations. Under the leadership of the Communications Manager, this position is responsible for the communications planning, coordination and execution of a variety of communications initiatives, along with a focus on storytelling, content management and overall management of our digital communication channels.
Primary duties will include:
• Developing communication plans and materials to support corporate initiatives.
• Writing, editing, coordinating, and managing content across Tolko’s digital channels.
• Creating compelling, informative and audience-centric communications, such as key messages, speaking notes, presentations, brochures, advertising copy, employee publication content and digital content.
• Ensuring Tolko’s brand, including both our voice and visual identity, is consistently applied across all our communications.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with great attention to detail. You are also:
• Savvy in working in a large, complex organization, collaborative in building relationships, and smart in knowing how to prioritize competing interests and requests.
• A self-starter who takes initiative to creatively identify and execute opportunities, and who can work independently.
• Able to synthesize and analyze information and apply communications best practices to your solutions.
• An effective storyteller who can uncover stories throughout the company, across three provinces.
• Exceptionally well organized and able to deliver on commitments and deadlines.
• A person with high standards in your work who always puts your best foot forward with everything you produce.
• A supportive team player and contributor.
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in Communications or Public Relations.
• 2-3 years’ relevant experience in corporate communications and knowledge of communication practices and principles.
• Proven writing skills.
• Ability to develop a communications plan.
• Proficiency in social media, including content design and posting.
• Experience in print and digital design.
• Experience in web design and SharePoint.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
• A valid BC driver’s license.
• Ability to live and work in Vernon, BC.
• Experience with social media analytics, Hootsuite and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Video or mobile video development and editing.
• Membership with International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS).
• Care for yourself and your family with competitive pay and exceptional benefits
• Work with the best and brightest in the industry
• Live where you work
• Work at a company where safety is a core value
• Be part of a sustainable and environmentally responsible company
Build your career with us and apply today!
To explore current career opportunities and become a part of our community, apply online today via www.tolko.com.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you by January 12, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Minimum experience: 2 to 5 years
Minimum educational level: Certificate/Diploma from a College or CEGEP
Head Office: 3000 - 28th Street, Vernon, British Columbia, Canada V1T 6M1
Tolko is a family run, privately owned, Canadian company diversified by geography and product. Tolko manufactures lumber, plywood and veneer, oriented strand board, co-products, biomass power, and a growing number of specialty wood products. Founded in 1956, Tolko today directly employs over 3000 people in 17 operations across Western Canada and delivers products to more than 30 countries around the world.