Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 70 years ago and today the company prides itself as being the largest privately held forest products company operating on the West Coast of Canada. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Industrial Millwright will work as part of a team providing quality operational repairs and preventative maintenance services. As a member of this high performance team you will be responsible for all mill machinery and duties including:
• Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers & chains, bearings and hydraulics involved in the manufacturing process;
• Undertake preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment;
• Read blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment and follow work procedures & processes;
• Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the assembly, installation, set-up, and repair of equipment and machinery;
• Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions;
• Troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, lubricate, and perform maintenance work on machinery;
• Repair and assemble hydraulic equipment and cylinders;
• Assemble large, precision heavy equipment for the Lumber/wood processing sector;
• Utilize knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings.
• Journeyman Millwright certification;
• Ability to read blue prints, plans and schematics;
• Strong problem solving skills;
• Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently with little supervision;
• Previous experience in a Saw Mill or heavy industry preferred;
• Shift work is required;
• Organizational and planning skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
• A competitive wage and benefits program;
• A commitment to safety standards;
• A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Become a part of our team by sending your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Overtime may be required.
Shift work may be required.
Minimum experience: 2 to 5 years
Minimum educational level: Certificate/Diploma from a Technical School
Head Office: 17897 Triggs Road, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V4N 4M8
The Teal-Jones Group is involved in timber harvesting and the manufacture of primary lumber products in the coastal region of British Columbia, Canada’s most westerly province. We produce a wide range of solid wood products including high quality appearance/decorative products, structural lumber for housing and general construction, special sizes and grades for re-manufacturing, as well as utility and lower grade products suitable for pallets, packaging and other industrial uses. These products are produced in the five softwood species that grow in the coastal region: Western hemlock – Hem-Fir (N), Douglas fir (N), Western red cedar, Yellow cedar and Sitka spruce.