Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 70 years ago. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Head Filer, you are required to safely perform quality work within the scope of the trade as it pertains to saw fitting, as follows:
• Responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of all sawfiling equipment
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair primary and secondary breakdown machine centers with regards to sawfiling
• Able to read, understand and translate blueprints into fabricated parts
• Knowledge of power transmission machinery/parts including gear boxes, chains and bearings
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Benching, Tensioning and Sharpening of Saws, Bands and Circles
• Examining Saws for defects
• Installation and Maintaining of Saws and Saw parts
• Troubleshooting when necessary
• Some maintenance activities associated with saw quality (i.e. water management)
• Sharpens and maintains knives
• Clean up of the equipment in preparation for saw changes etc. and shop clean-up
• Assist production personnel with any sawing flow related problems
• Ability to function well under pressure
• Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently with little supervision;
• Previous experience as a Saw Filer is required;
• Flexible schedule in order to work day, evening and weekend shifts;
• Knowledge and experience in manufacturing operations.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
• A competitive wage and benefits program;
• A commitment to safety standards;
• A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Become a part of our team by sending your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Overtime may be required.
Shift work may be required.
Minimum experience: 2 to 5 years
Minimum educational level: Certificate/Diploma from a Technical School
Head Office: 17897 Triggs Road, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada V4N 4M8
The Teal-Jones Group is involved in timber harvesting and the manufacture of primary lumber products in the coastal region of British Columbia, Canada’s most westerly province. We produce a wide range of solid wood products including high quality appearance/decorative products, structural lumber for housing and general construction, special sizes and grades for re-manufacturing, as well as utility and lower grade products suitable for pallets, packaging and other industrial uses. These products are produced in the five softwood species that grow in the coastal region: Western hemlock – Hem-Fir (N), Douglas fir (N), Western red cedar, Yellow cedar and Sitka spruce.