Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it’s a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy—so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We’re especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do.
Canfor is currently looking for a strong leader with proven experience in a sawmill/manufacturing environment to join our team as a Planer Supervisor.
Reporting to the Planer Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading a team to achieve and exceed key performance indicator (KPI) targets in safety, quality, cost control, delivery, and employee engagement.
• Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and Occupational Health & Safety regulations
• Address unsafe conditions as required
• Identify opportunities to improve and look for opportunities to reduce cost, while safely meeting production targets
• Coach, train and support team members to maximize performance
• Foster a culture of open communication with employees in all departments and at all levels
• Engage all employees to provide valuable input into work processes and systems
• Ensure the timely implementation of key Corporate and operational initiatives
• Safe work habits and a working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety regulations
• Working knowledge of web-based computer applications and Microsoft Office
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.
Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.
Head Office: 100-1700 West 75th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6P 6G2
Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.