Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Mechanical Engineer.
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday-Thursday, 7:00a.m. – 5: 00p.m at our millsite near Boyle, AB. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
• Be an active, contributing, member for capital and maintenance project teams in various roles; including as the project manager, assistant, construction manager or as a technical resource.
• Act as an engineering resource and liaison for area business units
• Investigate mechanical failures and determine failure modes, root causes and develop recommendations to prevent repeat failures.
• Create work packages for piping failures, pipe modifications and new installations according to established codes such as B31.3 / B31.1 / AWWA
• Create work packages for mechanical systems including conveyors, rotating equipment, exchangers, HVAC, etc., by communicating with mill maintenance, vendors and with personal experience.
• Work with Area Planners, Mechanical/Electrical Specialists, Vendors and Area Specialists to develop and implement “Best Practices” for maintaining Pulp Division Assets.
• Maintain accurate Engineering File/Vendor File information; specifications, equipment manuals, BOM, vendor drawings for all of the assets of the assigned Business Units.
• Registered with APEGA or eligible for registration (P.Eng or Member in Training)
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Or equivalent)
• Valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history in accordance with Management Guide Policy 6.10.
• Preference will be given to candidates that hold a Project Management certificate or equivalent
• Pulpmill and/or industrial plant experience is considered an asset
• Additional qualifications and/or knowledge of ASME, API 650 Codes, CWB, AutoCAD, 3D plant, Inventor and/or MS-Office Programs is considered an asset
• Must be willing to relocate.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Minimum experience: 5 to 10 years
Minimum educational level: Certificate from a University
Head Office: Box 8000, Boyle, Alberta, Canada T0A 0M0
Alberta-Pacific is a world leader in the forest industry, using today’s best technology to produce Elemental Chlorine-Free (ECF) kraft pulp while keeping far below limits for emissions. They also practice some of the world’s most innovative forest management approaches, such as ecosystem management, looking beyond the trees to the forest as a whole in order to maintain biodiversity.