Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Financial Reporting Accountant.
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday-Thursday, 7:00a.m. – 5: 00p.m at our Edmonton Office. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
• Preparation of monthly management financial statements and information, statutory financial statements (including disclosure notes under IFRS), position papers relating to complex accounting matters (including discussions and impact assessment on new accounting pronouncements), month-end and year-end journal entries, audit working papers, tax returns, and information for parent company consolidation packages.
• Provide assistance in the internal and external audit process.
• Assist in the forecast and budgeting processes.
• Communicate and correspond with team members on daily.
• Candidate must be willing and able to travel occasionally to operating locations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Currently hold an Accounting Designation.
• Minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience.
• Experience in manufacturing and forestry industries is an asset.
• Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS with an ability to prepare position papers on complex matters.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience handling Canadian and US tax returns is preferred.
• Experience working with complex Information Technology environments is preferred.
• Be a highly self-motivated team player and able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize with excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
The closing date for this position is April 7, 2019
Head Office: Box 8000, Boyle, Alberta, Canada T0A 0M0
Alberta-Pacific is a world leader in the forest industry, using today’s best technology to produce Elemental Chlorine-Free (ECF) kraft pulp while keeping far below limits for emissions. They also practice some of the world’s most innovative forest management approaches, such as ecosystem management, looking beyond the trees to the forest as a whole in order to maintain biodiversity.