To manage all aspects of a plant in support of corporate business objectives by ensuring compliance with all standards, policies, and regulations for the safe, environmentally sound production of quality product This position is typically distinguished from a Plant Manager I for the following reasons: demonstrated applied industry knowledge, responsibility for a standalone facility and/or multiple product lines, use of rapidly changing/evolving technologies and a greater focus on external strategic customers. This role is typically responsible for an operating mill in LP’s OSB or Specialty business groups.
• Drives continuous safety, quality and environmental improvement and culture based on current Best Practices
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers, demonstrating clear understanding of the industry, markets and their relationships to LP.
• Establish solid manufacturing and operating systems to maximize production, continuous improvement and profitability.
• Develop, communicate and implement plant goals, business objectives, operating plans and capital plans so that equipment, site and facilities are in appropriate working condition to achieve financial results that meet or exceed financial results.
• Effectively communicate the corporate vision and goals to staff and employees.
• Represent LP within the local community.
• Leads staff, including hiring, orientating, training and performance management.
• Establish and maintain customer focus for employees, and ensure positive relationships with key strategic external customers
• Lead performance management effort that includes the identification and communication of critical success factors
• Accountable for achieving forecasted financial performance targets
• Contribute to the process of managing the capital projects and cost reductions process, including a 3-5 year capital expenditure plan.
• Leads the process of developing the site operating and capital budget and manages within established guidelines.
• Ensure product quality meets established standards.
• Ensure compliance and perform all duties in accordance with all safety/environmental rules and regulations.
• Interact with upper level management to define resource needs of the plant such as raw materials and capital projects.
• Assemble and leads multi-function site business team.
• Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
• Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes and process improvement techniques.
• Broad knowledge of safety and environmental systems and procedures.
• Knowledge of current management and supervisory techniques.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate people toward a goal.
• Strong leadership skills; ability to lead meetings/teams.
• Project management and problem solving skills.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Strong budget management and financial analysis skills.
• Results oriented.
• Ability to interface with customers, staff, other functional areas, and the community.
• Ability to organize structure and develop staff.
• Ability to effectively implement change.
• Strong business acumen.
• Ability to use computer and supporting software.
• Bachelors' degree in Business, Manufacturing, Production or related field.
• 8+ years' experience in technical manufacturing facility, preferably within the forest products industry.
• 5+ Years’ experience managing professional, technical, and/or supervisory employees.
• Or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
• Travel required 20% of the time.
• Office environment within a plant setting.
Head Office: Box 170, 1221 N 10th Ave, Golden, British Columbia, Canada V0A 1H0
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation is a leading manufacturer of quality engineered wood building materials including OSB, structural framing products, and exterior siding for use in residential, industrial and light commercial construction.