Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Internal Controls Specialist.
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday-Thursday, 7:00a.m. – 5: 00p.m at Edmonton office. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
Internal audit financial or operational reviews/audit responsibilities include:
• Providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the company operations.
• Designing, planning and completing reviews of operations, processes and controls.
• Interacting with senior management and discussing findings and recommendations from reviews/audits.
• Preparing timely reports for all reviews/audits.
• Providing advice on internal controls.
• Extensive travel will be required to the mill site.
J-SOX internal controls responsibilities include:
• Reviewing company level controls and financial close and reporting process controls.
• Reviewing process level controls (business process, ITAC and ITGC).
• Evaluating design effectiveness and process-level internal controls – conducting risk assessments and identifying controls in place to mitigate identified risk.
• Assessing the impact of changes in processes and systems – re-design controls in response to change and update related controls documentation for changes made.
• Maintaining updated documentation including risk control matrices (RCM’s) / procedural write-ups (narratives) / flowcharts / checklists.
• Controls testing, identifying control gaps and recommending remediation for deficiencies.
• Researching new or technical subjects when required to support the internal controls work.
• Recognized accounting designation.
• CIA/CISA designation would be an asset.
• Minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience in public accounting.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of best practices in auditing and internal controls.
• Strong IFRS knowledge.
• Experience in a highly computerized manufacturing environment.
• Self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Closing date for this position is August 22, 2019.