Canadian Kraft Paper offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in the success of our Company and where individual efforts are acknowledged. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
Our structure and culture encourages innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice environmental sustainability.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Planner/Supervisor provides support to the maintenance department to minimize downtime and achieve efficient plant operations. By providing leadership and support to subordinates in defining and implementing procedures and corrective measures when needed. Ensuring mechanical equipment repairs, replacements and mill modifications are carried out to applicable codes, standards, good trade and maintenance practices.
The Maintenance Planner/Supervisor will assist in determining and controlling costs in area of responsibility and ensuring maintenance labour and materials are within budgeted guidelines. The Maintenance Planner/Supervisor will be responsible to provide analyses of reports to ensure performance standards are met through identification of corrective steps. This is a unionized position under Unifor Local 342.
• The successful applicant will possess industry experience in the Mechanical field and hold a Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma and/or Mechanical Engineering Degree and/or a Journeyman Trade Qualification through an approved apprenticeship program;
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an industrial environment is essential;
• The successful applicant is required to be a self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, time management skills and must possess the ability to work with interruptions while continually reassessing and changing priorities;
• The ability to pay keen attention to detail is essential;
• The incumbent must be able to operate in a team environment as well as manage relationships with maintenance supervisors, mill stores and purchasing personnel.
Canadian Kraft Paper offers competitive wages and a group benefits package that helps takes care of you and your family; including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Providing a company sponsored pension plan, is another way that we help provide a future for our employees. Canadian Kraft Paper understands that what defines a person is more than just their career; that’s why we support a work/life balance, so that you can live the life that makes you……YOU!
LIVING IN THE PAS:
The Pas is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. It is truly a place to call home for those that love the outdoors with an abundance of activities such as skiing, hiking, ATV and skidoo trails, camping, boating, hunting and fishing. In Manitoba, these are at their finest! Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence, Clearwater Lake’s raw, natural beauty attracts visitors from around the world.
Learn more from the website at www.townofthepas.com about the wonders of The Pas, where the Northern Lights shine year-round.