Date Posted: December 02, 2019
Job Location: Peace River
Job Number: CN 1985
Job Type: Full Time
Start: January 01, 2020
Company: Mercer Peace River
Address: Postal Bag 4400 Pulp Mill Site, Peace River, Alberta, Canada T8S 1V7
Mercer Peace River Pulp Ltd. is an integral part of the Canadian forest products industry, providing the North-West, Alberta region with approximately 300 jobs while sustainably managing the forests. A career at Mercer Peace River offers an opportunity for growth, meaningful work and a collaborative learning environment. Throughout your career you will be supported by a team of highly skilled professionals and provided the self-motivating environment needed to make your goals achievable.
Mercer Peace River has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to fill the full time, temporary position of Electrical and Instrumentation Apprentice. In this role, the E&I Apprentice will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical and instrumentation equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain equipment integrity and perform safe and efficient maintenance of all electrical, instrumentation and control systems in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment.
- Support department targets on production, safety and maintenance.
- Manage and work with the Honeywell system.
- Execution and communication of daily electrical/instrumentation maintenance activities.
- Respond quickly and effectively as requested to problems / breakdowns.
- Gather data in support of equipment condition monitoring.
- Help plan and estimate, efficient and cost effective execution of jobs while minimizing the impact on operations and incurred costs.
- Actively participate in post event failure analysis and root cause discussions, and contribute to developing solutions.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance guidelines are adhered to and maintain complete and accurate records associated with the technical and preventative aspects of this position.
- Review and apply continuous improvement to safe work practices, procedures and standards.
- Operational shift work as required with scheduled and short notice overtime—paid at double the rate.
- Additional duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong technical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment specifications, engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables as required.
- Mechanical aptitude with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Proven safety conscious individual with ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Pulp mill and industrial maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Honeywell systems and a computerized maintenance management system, specifically Avantis is considered an asset.