Want to live and play where you work?
This opportunity combines a beautiful rural lifestyle with an industry leading, innovative forestry company. Our client seeks an experienced senior professional to build and lead their Human Resources and Health & Safety functions. Situated in Athabasca County, Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is a proud and successful employer that fosters strong and diverse relationships with the surrounding communities. Alberta-Pacific is a culture-driven organization that prioritizes its team members’ safety and professional development, while ensuring balance, by offering a 4-day work week to enjoy time with family and friends in the vibrant countryside.
The Human Resources and Health & Safety Business Unit Leader (HR and H&S BUL) is the most senior HR leadership position in the organization, reporting directly to the Senior Leadership Team. Accountable for aligning the annual operational plans, programs, and services for Human Resources (HR) and Health and Safety (H&S) functions for over 400 Team Members, the HR and H&S BUL is a trusted advisor to the leadership team and other key stakeholders across the organization. This position ensures the effective and efficient delivery of HR and H&S programs and services, through the development of an operational plan and ongoing measurement of results against performance indicators. The position is an integral part of the business unit leadership teams, providing high-value people, organizational, and HR subject matter expertise to support organizational performance and ongoing capacity development.
The Alberta-Pacific culture is highly team-oriented and based in our core values of Focus on Excellence, Teamwork, Continuous Learning, Ethical Business Practices, Work/Life Balance, and Accountability. We are seeking a seasoned HR professional with operational experience and expertise to lead a team in building and integrating essential operational and tactical human resources functions to support our internal clients.
• Minimum post-secondary degree in a related field (Business, HR Management, etc.)
• Chartered Professional Human Resources (CPHR) designation (asset)
• Health & Safety designation (asset)
• 10 + years’ progressive Human Resources and Health & Safety experience
• 5+ years’ experience in a high-level operational role
• Experience in developing and implementing H&S action plans and program/practice management
• Demonstrated experience in HR and H&S best practices, talent and performance management, employee relations and compliance
• Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend and implement best practice approaches that deliver consistent, high-quality HR and H&S management and client service outcomes
• Experience in a manufacturing environment considered an asset
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to function in a consultative capacity with leaders and team members
• Critical thinker and problem solver through a financial and business acumen
• In-depth knowledge of HR and H&S legislation and regulations, best practices, research, and innovations
• Emotionally intelligent leader with demonstrated ability to foster collaborative relationships and build credibility and trust
• Strong leadership presence and communication skills with the ability to translate vision into action and drive results
• A practiced professional with strong coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills
• Possess a high degree of discretion, able to maintain confidentiality and display sound judgement
Compensation and Benefits
Alberta-Pacific offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package,including a relocation package.
Please send your resume, with cover letter, toto firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7, 2020.