Date Posted: February 12, 2020
Job Location: Peace River
Job Number: CN 2011
Job Type: Full Time
Company: Mercer Peace River
Address: Postal Bag 4400 Pulp Mill Site, Peace River, Alberta, Canada T8S 1V7
Mercer Peace River Pulp Ltd. is an integral part of the Canadian forest products industry, providing the North-West, Alberta region with approximately 300 jobs while sustainably managing the forests. A career at Mercer Peace River offers an opportunity for growth, meaningful work and a collaborative learning environment. Throughout your career, you will be supported by a team of highly skilled professionals and provided the self-motivating environment needed to make your goals achievable.
We are seeking a full-time, permanent Electrical and/or Instrumentation Technician within the E&I Department. In this role, the E&I Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical and instrumentation Mill equipment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain equipment integrity and perform safe and efficient maintenance of all electrical, instrumentation and control systems in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment.
- Support department targets on production, safety and maintenance.
- Manage and work with the Honeywell system.
- Execution and communicate daily electrical/instrumentation maintenance activities.
- Respond quickly and effectively as requested to problems/breakdowns.
- Gather data in support of equipment condition monitoring.
- Help plan and estimate, efficient and cost-effective execution of jobs while minimizing the impact on operations and incurred costs.
- Actively participate in post-event failure analysis and root cause discussions and contribute to developing solutions.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance guidelines are adhered to and maintain complete and accurate records associated with the technical and preventative aspects of this position.
- Review and apply continuous improvement to safe work practices, procedures and standards.
- Additional duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. The successful candidate must be a certified Red Seal Instrumentation or Electrical Journeyperson. Instrumentation Technologist Diploma will be considered an asset.
Candidates should also have:
- Mechanical aptitude with strong problem solving, troubleshooting and technical abilities.
- Experience working with programmable logic controllers and computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment specifications, engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, & tables as required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Honeywell systems and a computerized maintenance management system, specifically Avantis is considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of maintenance and operations.
- Pulp Mill and industrial maintenance experience will be considered an asset.