Date Posted: March 07, 2020
Job Location: Comox
Job Number: GWF-81224
Job Type: Full Time
Start: May 01, 2020
Company: Little River Resources Ltd.
Address: 1882 Singing Sands Rd, Comox, British Columbia, Canada V9M 3X9
Little River is currently hiring full-time and summer student employees to join our team of Forest Professionals. We are currently interested in filling positions related to Forest Engineering and Cruising.
Little River is a private consulting firm that specializes in forest management on Vancouver Island. As a company, we pride ourselves on our work ethic and ability to produce quality work, safely. We work for a variety of clients including large licensees, private lands and woodlot owners. Work will take place on Central Vancouver Island with current employees living in Port Alberni, Comox and Campbell River.
What we offer:
• Local work
• Excellent team environment
• Competitive salary
• Employee benefits program
As a member of the Little River Team you are a self-motivated individual who works well both individually and as part of a larger group. You have excellent problem-solving skills and consider yourself detail oriented. In these positions you would be responsible for completing forest engineering work in both the field and office. Tasks would include, but are not limited to, block and road layout, stream classification, setting package compilation and site plan data collection.
• Able to conduct yourself in a professional manner with coworkers and clients.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Capable of working outdoors in challenging terrain and weather conditions.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Registered or eligible for registration with the ABCFP.
• Occupational First Aid Level 1 or 3.
• Experience with mapping devices (ex. Trimble, iPad), RoadEng, Arcmap and LiDAR.
We are looking to fill these positions as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org