Reporting to the Director, Sales Co-Products, Ontario, you will assist in securing timber from Crown and private sources for Ontario sawmills. The position will be based out of Nairn Centre.
* Demonstrate commitment and adherence to EACOM values in the marketplace.
* Nurture relationships with current and new Crown and private suppliers of timber.
* Collaborate in developing short- and long-term wood supply strategies to meet Company objectives.
* Investigate, evaluate, prepare cost estimates and make recommendations on timber opportunities (species, size, quantity, quality, proximity, price, timing, etc.).
* Assist in negotiating and completing log purchase agreements.
* Search land holding titles at Ontario Land Registry Offices to pursue purchase opportunities.
* Schedule, oversee, and monitor purchase wood production.
* Work with receiving mills to achieve log quality performance objectives.
* Identify and pursue win/win log trade opportunities to optimize haul costs and secure preferred mill species.
* Investigate, establish and oversee satellite log yards, as required.
* Assist to market and sell the incidental volumes and profiles that are not utilized by EACOM (hardwood, cedar, white pine, red pine, pulpwood, etc.).
* Other tasks, as assigned.
* Outgoing and team oriented
* Organizing skills, flexible and reliable
* Strong work ethic and negotiating skills
* Analytical and strong business acumen (math, economic, finance)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills