We are therefore looking for a Production Supervisor at our Elk Lake location in Ontario, for a period of 6 months.
Reporting to the Sawmill Superintendent, the Sawmill Supervisor will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of Sawmill production employees, procedures and objectives.
Also, the incumbent will be expected to lead improvements in safety, productivity and quality in the sawmill department for continuous improvements.
* Monitor and maintain production volume, yield, quality (including lumber stacking) and uptime while maintaining a safe working environment respecting all applicable legislation and company policies. (log yard, Chip-N-Saw, Edger, Trimmer, Cut-Off, Saws, filing room etc).
* Must continually monitor and accommodate the mix of primary resources of wood, manpower and machinery to ensure optimum value and quality.
* Prepare and present production reports and analysis for production follow-up. (shift reports, time sheets, manning).
* Monitor machinery and equipment performance and report any mechanical deficiencies to maintenance personnel.
* Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime and departmental communication and coordination of activities.
* Make recommendations concerning modifications to existing equipment or processes and/or the acquisition or disposition of physical assets to maximize production results.
* Monitor and follow-up on determined performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, on-time delivery).
* Lead and motivate the workforce in executing all activities directed towards a safe, productive, and efficient sawmill operation.
Implicated in sawmill and log yard operations, equipment selection to maximize operation results and standards are met. (safety, productivity, and costs).
* Implicated with planer department and other departments to ensure quality requirements of the mill are met and exceeded.
* Identify and promote employees training and tools implementation for better operational results.
* Identify and recommend long term changes to production targets, products and flow.
* Engage personnel and solve interpersonal issues that could arise within department and responsible for performance evaluation process with Sawmill production employees.
* Ensure that safety issues/concerns (addressed through workplace inspections and monthly Safety Contacts) are adequately performed and that any issues requiring follow-up are attended to in a timely manner.
* Ensure that all Environmental regulations, both company and government are followed without exception.
* Good organizational and communication skills.
* Strong analytical abilities and supervisory skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and team building skills.
* Demonstrate excellent leadership.
* Team player, Result-Oriented within tight deadlines.