We are looking for a PLANER SUPERINTENDENT at our Timmins sawmill in Ontario.
Reporting to the Mill Manager of our Timmins sawmill, you will be responsible for overall leadership and performance of the Planer, from control processes to production follow-up. This includes ensuring quality and productivity standards are met or exceeded safely and within budget to achieve targets.
The incumbent will work closely with maintenance, yard and sawmill operations, as well as sales and administration to ensure optimum results and customer satisfaction.
• Management of production volume, yield, quality (including lumber stacking) and uptime while maintaining a safe working environment respecting all applicable legislation and company policies.
• Must continually monitor and accommodate the mix of primary resources of wood, manpower and machinery to ensure optimum value and quality.
• Generate production analysis reports to better identify operational issues and maximize cost-efficiency. (reports, forecasts, budget).
• Make recommendations concerning modifications to existing equipment or processes and/or the acquisition or disposition of physical assets to maximize production results.
• Implicated in developing annual production, manning, capital and expense spending plans, and budgets.
• Participate in analysis for submittal of operating budgets and capital expenses. Manage approved budgets in order to attain determined performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery).
• Coordinate sawmill and log yard operations and equipment selection to maximize operation results and standards are met. (safety, productivity, quality and costs).
• Collaborate closely with other departments to ensure quality requirements of the mill are met and exceeded.
• Identify and promote employees training and tools implementation for better operational results.
• Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities, departmental communication and coordination of activities to minimize downtime.
• Implicated in Capital Projects and optimization projects. (systems, processes)
• Collaborate in implementation of long-term changes to production targets, products and flow.
• Offer coaching and supervision to the supervisors under his responsibility in order to promote their development and guide them in their management issues on daily basis.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on key performance indicators.
• Keep up to date in your field of expertise.
• Mobilizing leadership, commitment, coaching and conflict management skills.
• Ability to influence and lead a team to reach determined objectives.
• Strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management and delegation skills.
• Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Capacity to instill a sense of urgency.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.