We are looking for a Production Supervisor at our Sault Ste. Marie I-Joist facility in Ontario.
Reporting to the Mill Superintendent, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of production employees, procedures and objectives.
Also, the incumbent will be expected to lead improvements in safety, productivity and quality in the production department for continuous improvements.
• Review general status of production schedules according to sales volume, inventory requirement and material availability and if necessary, assigns or adjusts production planning to balance and expedite work through production areas.
• Assures that the desired product quality levels are achieved through proper operator training with operation and inspection techniques, use of tools and overall job responsibilities.
• Develop and implement methods and procedures to control production efficiency and meet customer’s quality expectations while maintaining a safe working environment.
• Promote continuous improvement in processes to reduce waste, costs and provide the quality required.
• Prepare and present production reports and analysis for production follow-up. (shift reports, time sheets, manning).
• Coordinate production activities with sales, quality assurance and maintenance to assure that the needs and problems of manufacturing are communicated and addressed.
• Assist in maintenance prioritization and planning activities to minimize downtime related to departmental communication and coordination of activities.
• Maintain continuous feedback to team members concerning job performance, as well as conducting performance reviews.
• Applies and/enforces all Eacom policies, programs, rules, regulations, and safety rules.
• Promote and participate in activities such as training, safety and performance indicators (health and safety frequency, fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery) in order to enhance the overall effectiveness of the mill.
• Promote clean, safe work areas throughout the mill by continuously checking for hazardous conditions.
• Plans and conducts meetings with team members on safety, quality and production.
• Ensure that all Environmental regulations, both company and government are followed without exception.
• Result-Oriented and Team player.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Good communication and coaching/motivating skills.
• Strong ethic, integrity and judgment.