Under the leadership of the HR Manager responsible for Elk Lake & Gogama sawmills, Ontario, you will act as a liaison with our entire HR team, the mills and Woodlands, to provide site with HR expertise, counsel and support in various HR fields (labor relations, health & safety, recruitment, organizational development, training, etc.) within a safe working environment and a unified culture.
• Collaborate and assist all areas of the company's HR department (corporate and local) to promote the alignment and completion of all projects.
• Leverage HR practices, processes, trends, dashboards, data and reports to propose opportunity for improvements.
• Promote healthy employee relations, employee engagement and continuous workforce development.
• Participate and support the recruitment process.
• Collaborate in the induction and integration process for new employees to ensure a consistent message is communicated throughout the organization.
• Support the cultural shift in health and safety by coaching staff and employees.
• Actively participate in joint employee-management and health and safety committees and support the implementation of solutions and initiatives with union representatives and supervisors.
• Assist employee relations or labor relations groups to address concerns raised in their environment.
• Ability to influence and to establish and maintain positive productive interpersonal relationships at all levels.
• Business acumen, curiosity and strong learning abilities.
• Integrity, thoroughness and professionalism.
• Initiative, team spirit and constant concern for customer service.
• Ability to adapt, plan and organize in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Judgment, autonomy and analytical skills.
• Possess a university degree in human resources, industrial relations or equivalent.
• Have relevant experience as a Human Resources generalist, unionized and manufacturing would be a strong asset.
• Experience in the following areas: occupational health & safety, labor relations, organizational development, training and recruitment is a strong asset.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in both official languages is an important asset.
• Familiarity with HR systems and Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be available to travel on a regular basis and work on flexible schedules to meet the operational needs of the mill.