We are looking for a Maintenance Planner for our EAR FALLS sawmill in Ontario.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will lead the preventative maintenance program to ensure maximum availability and efficiency of equipment. You demonstrate innovation and are constantly looking for new ways to increase productivity.
• Develops, maintains, and monitors programs and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP, to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems, in compliance with health and safety rules.
• Plan, coordinate, organize and manage maintenance contracts, estimate maintenance activities, schedule manpower, shutdowns, work orders, purchase, backlog, equipment database, schedules and any other task needed to upgrade maintenance service level.
• Develops work plans for maintenance (PM, PdM and Corrective work) with necessary information to allow efficient scheduling, assigning and execution of maintenance work.
• Identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re-occurrence.
• Update any corrections to the plan which are reported by the trades groups through the feedback report system to create an accurate data base for future assignment.
• In conjunction with the purchaser, organize « just in time » delivery to meet deadlines and participate in problem-solving with the team.
• Implement and deploy internal procedures and standards, industry excellence practices for maintenance, in collaboration with production.
• Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
• Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
• Ensure prioritization of accurate and reliable resource depending on the type of problem occurring.
• Ensure that the maintenance group is adhered to and that employees understand and apply the determined maintenance process and health and safety procedures.
• Organize and facilitate weekly and daily planning meetings, provide relief for Supervisor, as needed.
• Commitment to Health and Safety
• Priorities and time management ability
• Ability to communicate technical information
• Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships, teamwork and collaboration spirit.
• Strong analyzing and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• College diploma in Industrial Mechanics OR in Industrial Maintenance OR Bachelor’s degree in industrial/mechanical engineering, with relevant experience.
• Hold a Millwright Inter-provincial Red Seal license would be considered an asset.
• Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a sawmill or manufacturing plant would be considered an important asset.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in managing technical teams in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
• Proven Health and Safety accountability and are knowledgeable of occupational health and safety.
• Proven ability to lead in safety and engage people in process control management.
• Knowledgeable in the areas of electrical, mechanical (hydraulic, pneumatic), fabrication/welding and PLC programming.
• Proficient in SAP and in using MS Office Suite (Outlook and intermediate Excel)
• French is an asset.