We are looking for an Accounting Technician whose workplace may be based at our locations in Val-D'Or, Quebec, Timmins or Elk Lake, Ontario.
Reporting to the Woodlands Operations Controller, you will be responsible to pay contractors, process invoices and journal entries when required, also help Cost Analyst with other accounting processes.
• Ensure timely and accurate process pay for harvest and haul contractors, maintain contracts and Blocks for Wood Harvesting and Hauling.
• Process Roads and Other Invoices for Woodlands Operations in SAP.
• Timely and accurate response to contractor queries and questions and ensure closure of queries.
• Ensure compliance with delegation with Authority manual for Contract and Invoice processing.
• Follow up with Woodlands Operations and Scalers for all the tasks which is essential for contractor payments.
• Create and manage projects WBS (Work breakdown Structure) in SAP.
• Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording Wood accounting.
• Generate and validate vendor statements and send it to contractors.
• Analyze expense accounts and cost centers and determine proper cost center/WBS for invoices and any other transactions.
• Adhere to continuous improvement practices.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
• Agility and ability to deal with tight deadlines.
• Customer service oriented and teamwork.
• Have a college degree in finance, accounting, or business.
• Have minimum 4 to 8 years of experience in a similar role.
• Proven working experience in accounts payable field, general accountant, or payroll process.
• A relevant experience in a manufacturing or construction environment would be an asset.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
• Have experience with an ERP system (SAP an asset).
• Mastery of written and oral French and English.