We are presently looking to hire a Shipping Supervisor based in our Nairn Centre sawmill, Ontario.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, the Shipping Supervisor is responsible for incoming shipments of lumber from our Gogama sawmill and shipping of the finished product for both Gogama and Nairn sawmills. In collaboration with the central planning and sales department, you will be responsible for forecasting production and managing/tracking the inventory in the yard.
In this role, the incumbent will also be responsible for supervising of a team member such as the shipping clerk.
• Provide guidance and leadership to the team in executing all activities directed towards a safe, productive, and efficient shipping and by establishing best practices.
• Coordinate the shipment of orders by truck or rail ensuring accuracy and quality of orders and ensure deadlines are met.
• Responsible for proper inventory rotation by conducting inventory counts in yard and making necessary adjustments with Operations to ensure prompt deliveries according to customer deadlines and specifications.
• Responsible for the maintenance of all shipping documentation (i.e.bill of lading, order confirmation, truck loading worksheet and customs documents).
• Provide regular communication of shipments/orders to sales representatives.
• Ensure/confirm loader operator loads correct inventory and verify loads to confirm material meets customer requirements and needs.
• Maintain detailed inventory of plant raw material, including finished products.
• Work with other departments to identify and resolve discrepancies.
• Manage department within legislative and company safety policies, orientations (new contractors).
• Organize and reconcile monthly lumber inventory.
• Provide data entry in SAP production for inventory management and shipping as such as production information into the dashboard.
• Prepare accurately forecasting and planning. Advise loader operators/yard supervisor of special requirements.
• Prepare environmental and Insurance audits and entries as required. Follow up with stakeholders in compliance to inspections results.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Leadership, focused on results, quality and accuracy.
• Strong organizing and time management skills.
• Proactive, flexible and multi-task skills set.
• Analytical with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Good stress management and ability to resolve conflicts.
• Ability to communicates clearly and concisely.
• Post-Secondary diploma in administration, logistic or accounting.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Supervision experience would be a great asset.
• Experience related to the logistics field would be a strong asset.
• Advanced knowledge and usage of computer programs (SAP, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.).
• Fluent in English (oral and written). Bilingualism would be an asset.