Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated and
enthusiastic team player for the role of Health & Safety Technician (Casual).
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and we are
continuously investigating new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products in
an environmentally sustainable way.
This is a non-permanent casual position working on an as-needed basis at our mill site near
Athabasca, Alberta. General working hours are 12 hour shifts on Days, Nights and
The Health & Safety Technician is responsible for providing medical and technical support
to the organization. This position will respond to emergencies, lead/participate in
investigations, conduct various testing, provide safety orientation and conduct security
duties for team members and contractors.
• Health & Safety Compliance: Interact daily with team members and contractors to
ensure compliance. Participate in Emergency Response as a shift leader on the mill
emergency response team. Monitor fire systems and perform first aid care as needed.
• Investigation & Inspection: Lead and participate in incident / accident investigations.
Provide expertise on hazard recognition and assist/coach others with performing field
level hazard assessments.
• Testing: Administer pre-employment drug screen testing and post-incident and drug and
alcohol testing. Conduct COVID screenings and routine medical assessment. Assist with
occupational hygiene compliance testing within the plant site, including but not limited to
gas detection, mask fit testing and hazard assessments.
• Technical Advice & Training: Provide technical and developmental training to team
members and contractors on a variety of safety topics.
Education & Experience:
• Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP), Primary Care Paramedic (PCP), or Emergency
Medical Responder (EMR) licensed with the Alberta College of Paramedics.
• Candidates with a current Advanced First Aid Certificate or a Registered Nurse (RN)
with ITLS may also be considered.
• Experience working in an industrial setting is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Strong computer skills
• Firefighting experience is an asset
• Technical Rescue experience is an asset
• Hazardous Materials experience is an asset
• Security experience is an asset
• Ensures Accountability
• Manages Complexity
• Communicates Effectively
• Plans & Aligns
• Decision Quality
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified
individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in
applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.