Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Accounting Technician.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and we are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
This is a full-time, 6-month contract position located at our mill near Athabasca, Alberta. General working hours will Monday- Thursday, 7:00am – 5:00pm.
Al-Pac's Accounting Technician carries out accounting duties associated within Accounts Payable. Using experience in accounting, the team member will code invoices, obtain approvals, track payments, and ensure the accuracy of Al-Pac's records. This position requires the team member to have a high degree of attention to detail, along with excellent skills in organization, time management, and problem-solving.
• Creating and reconciling batches of accounts payable invoices in the system.
• Processing team members expenses and payments.
• Reconciling vendor statements.
• Owning supplier relationships, efficiently and effectively identifying and resolving any issues.
• Working with the Procurement team to monitor supplier balances, and payment terms.
• Scanning, verifying and routing invoices to approvers.
• Three-way matching (packing slips/receiving slips/invoice) for Easy Access/Infinium/APM invoices and posting in Infinium AP Module.
• Regularly reconciling accounts payable clearing accounts.
• Maintaining supplier account reconciliations and delivering excellent customer service.
• Creating adjustments as required (vendor returns).
Education & Experience:
• High School / FE College
• Intermediate level expertise with MS Office, specifically Excel.
• Considered an asset:
o Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance.
o 1+ years of experience working in a similar role.
o Related accounting experience, with computerized accounting experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Data Collection and Analysis
• Data Control
• Numerical Skills
• Planning and Organizing
• Verbal Communication
• Ensures Accountability
• Plans and Aligns
• Tech Savvy
• Optimizes Work Processes
• Action Oriented
• Manages Complexity
• Communicates Effectively
Please forward all resumes in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be considered open until filled.
Successful applicants are required to provide acceptable evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To be fully vaccinated, the successful applicant must demonstrate that they have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, completed the requisite waiting period for achieving maximum immunity, and received any future booster shots as approved and recommended by the Government of Canada and Alberta Health Services (AHS). Proof of vaccination must be in the form of a government issued QR code and will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.