Canadian Kraft Paper Industries Limited offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in our success and where individual efforts are acknowledged. The Production & Transportation Department is a fast paced, multifaceted department and if you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
We encourage innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice sustainable forest management.
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, and in accordance with the policies and values of CKP, the Pulp & Paper Supervisor will perform rotating on-shift responsibilities for the production of Kraft paper including the Fibreline, Finishing Line and Paper Warehouse and be accountable for:
• Supervising approximately 20 employees on shift;
• The quality and production rate of pulp and paper from digesters to finished product;
• Coaching their team to achieve budgetary and quality targets set for the Paper Machine and Fibreline while ensuring the safety of the production teams;
• Scheduling the team members weekly work and training within the three (3) areas of operation within the Production and Transportation Department;
• Managing the production of all grades of pulp and paper produced to achieve or exceed production schedules;
• Monitor the results of paper quality tests and chemical usage rates;
• Communicating with the Steam and Recovery Department to coordinate the steam, liquor and other utilities required for the operation of the Fibreline and machine room accordingly;
• Maintaining training records of team members;
• Providing coverage on emergency basis for other supervisory team members;
• Attending and providing input at Production & Transportation Department meetings as required.
• Directs and provides guidance as needed to the Shift Trades and other Maintenance personnel as required to affect necessary repairs
• Conduct regular safety meetings and crew talks as well as promoting all aspects of safe work
• When not providing shift relief, additional duties will be assigned based on departmental needs
• At least 10 years of paper or pulp mill operations experience;
• High school education or an equivalent of training and experience;
• Post-secondary education in related field an asset;
• Supervisory experience and/or training are considered an asset;
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Proven decision-making skills.
Canadian Kraft Paper offers competitive wages and a group benefits package that helps takes care of you and your family; including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Providing a company sponsored pension plan, is another way that we assist our employees prepare for their future. Canadian Kraft Paper understands that what defines a person is more than just their career. At CKP we support a work/life balance, so that you can live the life that makes you……YOU!