Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and
supportive team player for the role of Woodlands Operations Coordinator. This is a great
opportunity for someone looking to start their career, or someone who brings prior experience
and a willingness to learn.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line Kraft pulp producer in North America and we are
continuously investigating new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products in an
environmentally sustainable way.
This is a long-term, non-permanent 18-month position located at our mill near Athabasca,
Alberta. This vacancy was created to support succession planning in Woodlands Operations
and may lead to a permanent opportunity or extension.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and
matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health
benefits, and many additional employee incentives.
Al-Pac’s Woodlands Operations Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of logs to the mill,
coordinating logging, hauling, road construction, road maintenance, reclamation
activities, and associated contract management.
• Operations Management – Managing a significant operational area, delivering quality logs
to the mill and ensuring that operations are efficient.
• Project Planning, Risk & Issue Management – Logging, hauling, road construction, road
maintenance, reclamation activities, and associated contract management. Assisting
managing capital road construction and road maintenance upgrades.
• Inspections – Providing technical support to inspections of the quality of the harvesting
production, road and drainage structures, log quality and reclamation in accordance with
organizational standards and regulatory requirements.
• Stakeholder & Community Engagement – Liaising with AAF to obtain plan approvals and
meet legislative requirements. Working with stakeholders and First Nations to obtain
economic opportunities and promoting local aboriginal initiatives.
• Budgeting – Delivering cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production,
community and environmental objectives. Preparing and reporting variance to budgets and
• Ensures Accountability • Customer Focus
• Drives Results • Plans & Aligns
• Optimizes Work Processes
• Manages Complexity
• Cultivates Innovation • Situational Adaptability
Education & Experience:
• University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry.
• Active Registered Professional Forester (RPF), or eligible for Alberta certification.
• Comprehensive job-related experience to fully competent level (asset).
• Proven track record of supervisory experience in forestry operations including road
construction, harvesting and transportation (asset).
• Experience in planning, GIS mapping and road engineering (asset).
• Knowledge of Provincial / Federal legislation relating to water acts, dispositions (asset).
• Al-Pac has a large Forest Management Area (FMA), which demands frequent travel on
variable road conditions.
• Overnight stays may be required at fully serviced camps or hotels, depending on where
operations are active within the FMA.
• This is a site-based role however, working from home may be required due to Covid-19.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. This position will
be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified
individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in
applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as
a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon