Engineering Crewman IV
Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 70 years ago and today the company prides itself as being the largest privately held forest products company operating on the West Coast of Canada. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment and encourage innovation and growth in a fast-paced environment.
We are currently recruiting for the position of an Engineering Crewman IV at our Honeymoon Bay Operation in Lake Cowichan. This job is a bargaining unit position with the United Steelworkers Local 1-1937 Union.
Primary duties/responsibilities are to:
• Engineer cutblocks and road locations for a variety of harvesting systems including hoe chucking, helicopter, cable and mechanical logging;
• Assist in preparing associated Stumpage Appraisals and Cutting/Road Permits; and
• Assist in the implementation of the Company’s Corporate Management System and Safety Management System.
The following qualifications are considered necessary to effectively undertake this position:
• Familiarity with the Legislation and Regulations governing forest practices in BC;
• Strong background in coastal/steep slope engineering and harvesting operations;
• Competent with basic computer applications;
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be self-directed, and motivated; and
• Have a valid class 5 driver’s license.
The Teal-Jones Group Offers:
• A commitment to safety standards; and
• A collaborative and respectful work environment.
If you are currently qualified for this position who will enjoy a highly challenging career, please forward your resume to the attention of Mr. Mark Carter, RPF by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.