DATE: October 20, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-19
HYBRID WORK: Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Athabasca County, Alberta
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Stakeholder Relations Advisor to work out of our mill site in Athabasca County, Alberta. The successful candidate will report to the Business Unit Leader, Stakeholder Relations & Sustainability and will be responsible for the development and implementation of community engagement activities in support of Al-Pac’s business objectives. This includes supporting implementation of Al-Pac’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Framework and CSR-related reporting, coordinating community engagement activities, supporting community investment planning, administration of community investment activities, and providing support to other business units with respect to community engagement.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
• Community Engagement – support community engagement planning, and coordinate and participate in community engagement activities, focusing on local municipalities, community organizations, education institutions, and community representatives. Work collaboratively with Al-Pac’s Indigenous Relations team. Develop positive working relationships with external stakeholders.
• Stakeholder Communication & Inquiries - respond to and assist those making a broad range of enquiries by phone, email, mail or other means with requests for information related to stakeholder relations activities, collaborating with other business units as appropriate.
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – support implementation of Al-Pac’s CSR Framework and related CSR reporting.
• Administration - administer the community investment program using M365 documents, databases and other business systems, and using own expertise to help improve work flows and processes. Support community investment planning, and track community engagement activities.
• Document Preparation - prepare complex documents using a variety of computer applications and tools, such as M365, research, gather and summarize information and data, and develop reports, briefings and information packages.
• Event Organization – coordinate engagement activities with external stakeholders.
• Compliance - develop knowledge and understanding of the organization's policies and procedures to ensure own work adheres to those standards.
• 3-5 years progressive professional experience in stakeholder or community engagement, preferably in the forest or resource development sectors
• Post-secondary credential, preferably in Community Engagement, Public Relations, Public Administration or a related field
• Willingness to travel
• Flexibility to work outside regular working hours, on occasion.
• Strong computer applications skills (e.g. M365)
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Strong multi-tasking, planning and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High degree of professionalism and confidentiality
What We Offer:
• A compressed work week (Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program
• Four week’s annual vacation
• Company paid dental and extended health benefits
• Relocation assistance is available
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.