Pressure Equipment Integrity Specialist
DATE: November 9, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-75
HYBRID WORK: Non-eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Pressure Equipment Integrity Specialist for the Integrity Management Services Business Unit to work out of our mill site in Athabasca. The successful candidate is responsible for verifying and enhancing the safety of pressure equipment and ensuring all requirements of Alberta Pacific’s Quality Management system and the Alberta Safety Codes Act are met. Reporting to the Chief Inspector, this position develops and implements inspection plans, monitors equipment for integrity, and maintains inspection records.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle and Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
• Develop and implement long term preventative and predictive inspection plans for pressure equipment, piping systems and storage tanks.
• Perform in-service inspection, including corrosion monitoring of equipment and piping and executing NDE (Non-Destructive Examination) to confirm integrity of equipment repairs, modification and new construction.
• Prepare NDE scope of work, co-ordinate and supervise inspection service contractors to meet the plant’s quality requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring that all fabrication, erection and construction activities within the plant and at vendor shops meet engineering specifications, regulatory, industry codes and other relevant industrial standards.
• Work closely with the Area and Project Engineers as well as Maintenance and Operations team to maintain plant regulatory compliance, effective execution of shutdown, turnarounds and production targets.
• Act as technical resource to Area Engineers on codes and standards and provide effective inspection services for the entire site.
• Troubleshoot and problem solves technical issues. Provide relevant risk management information.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• CWB Welding Inspector Certification.
• API 570 and API 510 inspection certificates.
• ABSA In-Service Pressure Vessel & Pressure Piping Inspector Certification.
• API 653 Tank Inspection Certification.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the design, fabrication or examination of industrial piping or pressure vessels.
• Technical understanding of pipe fabrication, specifications and codes of construction.
• Knowledge of plant processes.
• Understanding of the ASME Codes and the Alberta Safety Codes Act.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and troubleshoot.
• Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure.
What We Offer
• A compressed work week (7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Thursday).
• A competitive annual salary, including paid pension and RRSP matching program.
• Four weeks annual vacation.
• Company paid dental and extended health benefits.
• A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
• Relocation assistance is available.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time. Resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.