Date Posted: March 16, 2023
Job Location: Boyle
Job Number: GWF-84171
Job Type: Full Time
Company: Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc.
Address: Box 8000, Boyle, Alberta, Canada T0A 0M0
DATE: March 16th, 2023
JOB NUMBER: 2023-24
HYBRID WORK: Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a SAP Application Team Leader to work out of our mill site in Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate is responsible for managing all aspects of SAP solutions deployed at Al-Pac while leading a team of functional and IT professionals. The Team Leader will serve as the IT SAP Solutions operational support for escalation point for risks, action items, issues, and decisions.
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
• Provide oversight, coaching/mentoring, assign tasks and duties to SAP team members, including co-managed service providers.
• Work with business areas to design and implement new SAP functionality to support business users and processes. Recommend updates and functional changes as well as ensuring seamless integration between SAP solutions and legacy applications.
• Provide recommendations and guidance for the architectural design, tuning and optimization of Al-Pac’s SAP landscape within the larger Al-Pac technical footprint.
Work in conjunction with Al-Pac’s Application Management Service (AMS) provider and provide oversight, and leadership on the following:
o SAP System and SAP Client Refreshes.
o Executive transports.
o Ensure user roles and system access rights are appropriately created and maintained.
o Day-to-Day system monitoring of the SAP landscape with multiple integration points.
o Plan and Implement Support Pack and System Upgrades.
o Define Document Standards, Systems Architecture, runbooks, and monitoring Infrastructure.
o Implement support processes that ensure incidents, problems and service requests are resolved.
• Information Technology University Degree or College Diploma).
• 5+ years of progressive experience with SAP System installations, System Upgrades, OS/DB Migrations, Add on deployments, kernel upgrade, SAP Fiori etc.
• Experience with SAP S/4 Hanna, BASIS, FICO, TM, SD, MM, PM, EC,& ECP Modules.
• SAP Basis Lead experience, including full S/4 HANA project life-cycle.
• ITIL Certification.
• Experience in system monitoring and batch schedules.
• Great communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
• Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
What we offer:
• A compressed work week (Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program.
• Four week’s annual vacation (increasing with service).
• Company paid dental and extended health benefits from day 1.
• A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
• Relocation assistance is available.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.