Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Mechanical Engineer.
This Mechanical Engineer will become an an active, contributing, member for capital and maintenance project teams, the Mechanical Engineer will provide various roles, including project manager, assistant, construction manager or as a technical resource to business units. This position will coordinate the design and continuous improvement of processes, maintain standards specifications, and carry out inspections.
This is a permanent position working Monday-Thursday (7:00am to 5:00pm) at our Mill Site. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives.
• Act as an engineering resource and liaison for area business units.
• Investigate mechanical failures and determine failure modes, root causes and develop recommendations to prevent repeat failures.
• Create work packages for piping failures, pipe modifications and new installations according to established codes such as B31.3 / B31.1 / AWWA.
• Create work packages for mechanical systems including conveyors, rotating equipment, exchangers, HVAC, etc, by communicating with mill maintenance, vendors and with personal experience.
• Work with Area Planners, Mechanical/Electrical Specialists, Vendors and Area Specialists to develop and implement “Best Practices” for maintaining Pulp Division Assets.
• Maintain accurate Engineering File/Vendor File information; specifications, equipment manuals, BOM, vendor drawings for all of the assets of the assigned business units.
Education & Accreditation:
• Registered with APEGA or eligible for registration (P.Eng or Member in Training).
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Or equivalent).
• Preference will be given to candidates that hold a Project Management certificate or equivalent.
• Additional qualifications and/or knowledge of ASME BPVC/B31/Other, API 570/650, CWB, Alberta Building Codes, AutoCAD, Inventor and/or MS-Office Programs is considered an asset.
• 2-3 years’ experience as an Engineer or E.I.T.
• Experience working within a Pulp Mill and/or Industrial plant is considered an asset.
• Experience reading and interpreting technical drawings, and schematics.
• Familiar with various types of mechanical systems, including but not limited to; pressure vessels, conveyers, tanks, and rotating equipment.
• Must be willing to relocate.
• Obtain a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history.
• This position may require ascending/descending a ladder to conduct inspections and performing work in a confined or restricted space for periods of time.
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com by December 2, 2020.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.