Millar Western Forest Products Ltd. is currently seeking to fill a full time Operator position within the Production Department of its Whitecourt BCTMP mill. The successful candidate will be required to work rotating 12-hour shifts and will possess:
• minimum 4th Class Steam Ticket (ABSA A and B completed)
• a valid driver’s licence
• Standard First Aid ticket (considered an asset)
• excellent safety record
• positive feedback from supervisors and references
Why work for us?
Millar Western Forest Products Ltd. is a privately-owned, Alberta-based company that has been active in the forest business for more than a century. Operating high-tech lumber, pulp and specialty wood products manufacturing facilities supplied by woodlands teams recognized for leadership in sustainable forest management, the company provides stable, full-time employment for more than 700 people at operations located in lively, friendly communities that deliver excellent quality of life.
The company offers:
• a competitive wage and benefits program, that includes a pension plan, comprehensive dental and health insurance and a profit-sharing plan
• a commitment to the highest safety standards, with a safety program recognized under initiatives such as Partners in Injury Reduction, Work Safe Alberta and the Premier’s Award for Healthy Workplaces
• a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization
• a chance to live where you work – no commuting or camps