Millar Western’s Whitecourt Pulp Division has an immediate opening for a Materials Management Coordinator. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this individual will be responsible for day-to-day inventory and direct purchasing requirements for the site’s pulp operations.
Key duties include:
• ordering all direct-charge items once requisitions have been approved
• expediting parts to arrive in a timely manner
• managing invoices using the company’s SAP system
• reviewing vendors
• ensuring corporate WCB, insurance requirements, and company terms and conditions are met
• maintaining spare parts inventory
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver capable of working with little supervision. They will know how to integrate within an operations team and have the ability to learn and understand the business. The successful applicant will have a Grade 12 education, a valid driver’s license, good verbal and written communications abilities, and proficiency in Microsoft Office software. Previous experience in materials management and SAP, as well as a Supply Chain Management Professional designation (or continuing progress toward) will be considered assets.
Why work for us?
Millar Western is a privately-owned Alberta company active in the forest products business for more than a century. Operating high-tech pulp and lumber mills supplied by woodlands teams recognized for leadership in sustainable forest management, the company provides stable, full-time employment to more than 700 people in lively, friendly communities offering an excellent quality of life.
• a competitive wage and benefits program that includes a pension plan, comprehensive dental and health insurance, and a profit-sharing plan
• a commitment to the highest safety standards, with a safety program recognized under Partners in Injury Reduction, Work Safe Alberta, and the Premier’s Award for Healthy Workplaces
• a collaborative and respectful work environment that values the skills of our people and encourages them to take on new challenges and advance within the organization
• a chance to live where you work – no commuting or camps
This position is located in Whitecourt, Alberta, a vibrant community 170 km northwest of Edmonton, offering excellent housing, educational and recreational opportunities.