Canadian Kraft Paper offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in the success of our Company and where individual efforts are acknowledged. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
Our structure and culture encourages innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice environmental sustainability.
This position will assume the responsibilities of Shift Supervisors in their absence. This is a temporary position. Upon permanent vacancy the Temporary Relief Supervisor incumbent will move into a permanent position and vacancy will not be posted and the temporary position will be eliminated.
Reporting to the S&R Superintendent, the S&R Relief Supervisor is accountable for the supply of water, steam, power, cooking chemicals and air to the Kraft Paper Mill and be responsible for:
• Supervising approximately 8 employees on shift
• Evaluating test results and work with the Technical Department when unusual problems occur for follow up analysis
• Monitoring inventory levels of raw materials and make recommendations to area Superintendent or Manager
• Ensuring crew members follow safety guidelines and procedures, WHS Regulations, Environmental Regulations, CSA and ASME codes
• Troubleshooting problematic areas within the Department.
• 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate is required (3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate, working towards 2nd Class may be considered)
• At least 5 years of Steam & Recovery operations experience
• Supervisory experience and / or training are considered an asset
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proven decision making and trouble shooting skills
Canadian Kraft Paper offers competitive wages and a group benefits package that helps takes care of you and your family; including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Providing a company sponsored pension plan, is another way that we help provide a future for our employees. Canadian Kraft Paper understands that what defines a person is more than just their career; that’s why we support a work/life balance, so that you can live the life that makes you……YOU!
LIVING IN THE PAS:
The Pas is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. It is truly a place to call home for those that love the outdoors with an abundance of activities such as skiing, hiking, ATV and skidoo trails, camping, boating, hunting and fishing. In Manitoba, these are at their finest! Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence, Clearwater Lake’s raw, natural beauty attracts visitors from around the world.
Learn more from the website at www.townofthepas.com about the wonders of The Pas, where the Northern Lights shine year-round.