Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Mechanical Engineer.
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America and we are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products in an environmentally sustainable way.
This is a full-time, permanent position located at our Millsite near Athabasca, Alberta. The general working hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am. – 5:00 pm. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
• Be an active, contributing, member for capital and maintenance project teams in various roles; including as the project manager, assistant, construction manager or as a technical resource.
• Act as an engineering resource and liaison for area business units.
• Investigate mechanical failures and determine failure modes, root causes and develop recommendations to prevent repeat failures.
• Create work packages for piping failures, pipe modifications and new installations according to established codes such as B31.3 / B31.1 / AWWA.
• Create work packages for mechanical systems including conveyors, rotating equipment, exchangers, HVAC, etc., by communicating with mill maintenance, vendors and with personal experience.
• Work with Area Planners, Mechanical/Electrical Specialists, Vendors and Area Specialists to develop and implement “Best Practices” for maintaining Pulp Division Assets.
• Maintain accurate Engineering File/Vendor File information; specifications, equipment manuals, BOM, vendor drawings for all of the assets of the assigned Business Units.
• Registered with APEGA or eligible for registration (P.Eng or Member in Training)
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Or equivalent)
• Valid driver’s license (GDL removed) and a clean driving record
• Preference will be given to candidates that hold a Project Management certificate or equivalent
• Pulp mill and/or industrial plant experience is considered an asset
• Additional qualifications and/or knowledge of ASME, API 650 Codes, CWB, AutoCAD, 3D plant, Inventor and/or MS-Office Programs is considered an asset
• Must be willing to relocate
Please forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. This position will be considered open until filled.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.