Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. We strive to be leaders in what we do, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members, and work with local communities. We are continuously investigating in new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
We understand work is just one part of your life, and we strive to ensure our team members have a healthy work-life balance. We offer a compressed work week schedule, as well as a generous time-off policy starting with four weeks of vacation allowance.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking an Electrician & Instrumentation Maintenance Technician in the MRS Unit.
• Perform Electrical/Instrument installations
• Troubleshoot and perform maintenance on electrical and instrumentation systems
• Work on 13.8kv generation and power distribution systems
• Work and perform tasks in a safe manner
• Provide assistance and support to other trades team members to ensure maximum equipment availability; liaise with Operations team members.
• Assist in trouble shooting and resolution of maintenance concerns
• Participate in the planning and executing of Electrical/instrumentation installations
• The ability to read Electrical drawings and create material take off list
• Maintain work records; assist to keep work areas clean
• Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Commitment to developing and maintaining technical knowledge
• Must hold an Alberta or Interprovincial Journeyman Electrician certificate and Journeyman Instrumentation certificate with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in an industrial maintenance setting
• Experience in Power generation distribution would be an asset
• Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with a clean driving record
• Knowledge & understanding of the Electrical Code C22.1-18
• Mechanical aptitude required.
Skills & Abilities:
• Provide direction to other team members/contractors
• Be a motivated, self-starter team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be comfortable working from heights
• Must be able to work shift.
• Understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers and Digital Control Systems
• Maintain maintenance records on all calibrations and update data sheets
What we offer:
• This is a permanent position
• You will work out of our Mill Site (Near Athabasca)
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives.
• Relocation assistance is available for those who need to move into the local area. Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.