Woodlands Logistics Coordinator
DATE: October 6, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-70
HYBRID WORK: Yes
LOCATION: Mill site
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. We strive to be leaders in what we do, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members, and work with local communities. We are continuously investigating new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
We understand work is just one part of your life, and we strive to ensure our team members have a healthy work-life balance. We offer a compressed work week schedule, as well as a generous time-off policy starting with four weeks of vacation allowance.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Woodlands Logistics Coordinator in the Integrated Land & Fibre Logistics Business Unit.
Purchase Wood Program Management
• Manage Purchase Wood Program (approximately 500,000m3/year):
o Contract Administration
Seeking and securing purchase wood (private & salvage) contracts
Setting rates for decked and delivered purchase wood
Responsible for salvage negotiation and scheduling
o Stakeholder Management
Liaising with internal and external stakeholders including municipal and provincial government officials
o Picker Truck Management
Overseeing haul management
o Operations Supervision and Administration
Inspecting operations of decked and delivered wood contractors and monitoring quality
Inspecting salvage contracts and monitoring quality
• Work closely with the conifer fibre logistics specialist in the procurement of conifer and incidental deciduous logs, conifer sales logs and service agreements
• Provide support for working with quota holders
• Help meet log quality and volume targets
• Manage costs
Fibre Logistics Scheduling & Data Analytics
• Work closely with Operations, Planning and the Fibre Logistics Teams to analyze information to enable data driven decisions
• Development and use of fibre models and other decision support tools, to ensure a reliable supply of fibre to the mill
• University degree or technical diploma in Forestry
• Eligible or active Registered Professional Forester (RPF) of Forest Technician (RPFT) in Alberta
Considered an Asset:
• Woodlands experience in either wood fibre logistics, operations, planning, or transportation
• Fibre logistics management background (budgeting & scheduling), preferably in forestry operations
• Experience in contract negotiation and management
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation or training
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Knowledge and understanding of wood fibre supply chains
• Demonstrate emotional intelligence and integrity to deliver customer centric solutions
• Resilience to drive sustainable business success
• Communicative, a persuasive and articulate speaker, writer, and presenter
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships (internally and externally)
• Strong data collection, analysis, optimization modelling, and insight skills
What we offer:
• This is a permanent position
• You will work out of our mill site near Athabasca, AB
• Your work schedule is Monday to Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional team member incentives
• A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance
• Relocation assistance is available for those who need to move into the local area
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time.
Resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon
acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the
government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.