DATE: January 19th, 2023
JOB NUMBER: 2023-09
HYBRID WORK: Non-Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Contract
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Pulp Finishing Operating Technician in Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate will report to the Business Unit Leader, Fibreline & Finishing and will be responsible for safely supporting the production of pulp finished product at our mill site.
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
• Handling, loading and quality testing of finished product.
• Safely operate bale line equipment.
• Maintain a clean and efficient workspace.
• Actively support process optimization within the team.
• Works closely to resolve operating issues in safety, environment and production.
• Perform labour intensive tasks in hot and humid conditions.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with a clean driver’s abstract.
• Effective communication skills.
• Self-motivated individual who works well in a team environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
What we offer:
• A competitive annual salary.
• Four week’s annual vacation.
• A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.