Date de publication : 15 mars 2023
Lieu d’emploi : Boyle
Numéro du poste : GWF-84169
Type d’emploi : Temps plein
Début : Immédiatement
Entreprise : Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc.
Site Web : alpac.ca
Adresse : Box 8000, Boyle, Alberta, Canada T0A 0M0
Woodlands Planning Team Lead DATE: February 27, 2023 JOB NUMBER: 2023-19 HYBRID WORK: Eligible POSITION TYPE: Permanent LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Planning Team Lead to work out of our mill site in Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidate is responsible for supporting the Forest Resources Team activities through an office/field application to ensure that production, quality, environmental and legal requirements are met in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
• Lead and manage the daily operations of the Forest Resources Operations Planning team.
• Work with third party consultants to develop harvest plans, layout and obtain approval for approximately 1,800,000 m3 annually.
• Liaise with Government personnel to obtain plan approval.
• Support harvest operations as required.
• Participate in consultation with Indigenous communities and other stakeholders.
• Work with local quota holders to integrate plans.
• Actively seek out innovative solutions to multiple challenges involving various stakeholder objectives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Apply decision support tools to identify opportunities and support business decisions.
• Contribute, perform and be accountable for team cost expectations while supporting safety, quality, production, community and environmental objectives.
• A minimum of 3-5 years operational planning and/or operations experience.
• Extensive experience with the Government of Alberta’s policies and processes.
• University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry or demonstrated equivalent experience (must be eligible for professional designation).
• Self-motivated individual who works well within a team environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Considered an asset:
o Leadership experience.
o Thorough knowledge of strategic planning.
o Experience interacting and building relationships with Indigenous communities.
What we offer:
• A compressed work week (Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
• Hybrid work arrangement.
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program.
• Four week’s annual vacation (increasing with service).
• Company paid dental and extended health benefits from day 1.
• A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
• Relocation assistance is available.
Please note this current opportunity is open until filled, resumes with cover letters can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.