Date de publication : 22 mars 2023
Lieu d’emploi : Boyle
Numéro du poste : GWF-84183
Type d’emploi : Temps plein
Début : Immédiatement
Entreprise : Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc.
Site Web : alpac.ca
Adresse : Box 8000, Boyle, Alberta, Canada T0A 0M0
DATE: May 2, 2023
JOB NUMBER: 2023-25
HYBRID WORK: Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Human Resources Advisor for the Human Resources Business Unit at our mill site location. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the activities of the organization. The HR Advisor provides support to the HR Team and facilitates human resources programs and services, acting as a point of contact for Team Members and Leaders.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
• Collaborates with and supports HR Business Partners, providing advice and guidance to leaders and team members on employee relations issues, HR policies and procedures.
• Supports recruitment including creating job postings, screening, shortlisting, candidate assessments, interviewing and selection.
• Coordinates on-boarding including creating written offers, completing background checks, gathering pre-employment documentation and arranging orientations.
• Processes changes for existing team members including writing and issuing letters.
• Completes offboarding activities including conducting exit interviews.
• Supports the administration of training and development programs.
• Maintains and manages team member records and document archiving.
• Extracts data and produces management information reports in Excel; analyzing information to identify trends/issues and provides guidance to leaders.
• Updates and maintains HR policies, procedures and organizational charts.
• Minimum post-secondary degree in a related field (HR Management, Business etc.).
• 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources.
• Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
• Experience handling employee relations issues is considered an asset.
• Experience in a forestry, manufacturing environment and/or commodity industry is an asset.
What We Offer
• A compressed work week (Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
• Hybrid work arrangement.
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program.
• Four week’s annual vacation (increasing with service).
• Company paid dental and extended health benefits from day 1.
• A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
• Relocation assistance is available.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.