Date de publication : 31 mars 2023
Lieu d’emploi : Peace River
Numéro du poste : CN 2314
Type d’emploi : Temps plein
Début : Immédiatement
Entreprise : Mercer Peace River
Adresse : Postal Bag 4400 Pulp Mill Site, Peace River, Alberta, Canada T8S 1V7
Who we are. Mercer Peace River Pulp is an integral part of the Canadian forest products industry, providing the northwest Alberta region with approximately 300 jobs while sustainably managing the forests. A career at Mercer Peace River offers an opportunity for growth, meaningful work, and a collaborative learning environment. Throughout your career, you will be supported by a team of skilled professionals and provided a self‐motivating environment to make your goals achievable. At Mercer: One Team ‐ One Goal.
What we believe. We believe that a culture of diversity and inclusion is critical in making the best decisions for our people and achieving sustainable business success. Together, we encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members. We strive to provide an inclusive culture by fostering an environment of mutual respect and fairness and providing opportunities to contribute and grow.
The role. Reporting to the Environment Manager, the Assistant Manager will assist with the leadership of the Environment department through active management of MPR’s environmental practices, objectives, and regulations. They will participate in leading a team of Environmental Specialists and Technicians in achieving the goals and objectives of the environmental department.
- Lead the activities of the Environment Department consistent with the needs and priorities of company goals and objectives while ensuring proper personnel allocation for the department.
- Support the leadership of the Mill’s environmental management system.
- Ensure all environmental regulations, regulatory permits, plans and certificates are upheld.
- Aid in the development of strategic plans in relation to Mill targets and company objectives in support of sustainable environmental management.
- Directly targeted cost improvement strategies that minimize costs while ensuring results.
- Oversee the environmental monitoring, sampling and management of regulatory reporting requirements.
- Formulate, prepare and implement environmental programs, schedules, and budgets for the department.
- Report writing, data analysis, scheduling, report editing/production, and statistical analysis.
- Delivery of team environmental training/awareness/orientation programs.
- Demonstrate leadership in health and safety and ensuring unsafe practices or non-compliant behaviours do not occur.
- Help address stakeholder concerns and develop strong relationships with the community.
- Ability to work after hours (weekends and weekdays) if needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.