Do you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment with opportunities for continuous growth and development?
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 70 years ago and today the company prides itself as being the largest privately held forest products company operating on the West Coast of Canada. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Band-Head-Saw Sawyer will work as part of a team responsible for lumber production, specifically including:
• Operating the band-head-saw and feed carriage to saw logs into cants or boards.
• Observing exposed face of log after first cut to determine grade and size of next cut and adjusts setting of carriage blocks.
• Operating mechanical log turner that turns log over on carriage for subsequent cuts.
• CMSA Grading Ticket;
• Previous experience working with, and grading, a variety of species, including Hemlock, Fir, Red and Yellow Cedar and Sitka Spruce;
• Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently with little supervision;
• Shift work may be required.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
• A competitive wage and benefits program;
• A commitment to safety standards;
• A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Become a part of our team by sending your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.