Reman Entry Level Production Position
The Teal-Jones Group
When you join the Teal-Jones Group, you are joining a leader in the industry. The entrepreneurial spirit embedded throughout The Teal-Jones Group of companies started more than 70 years ago and today the company prides itself as being the largest privately held forest products company operating on the West Coast of Canada. We have built our success and continue to grow.
We provide a dynamic environment with competitive compensation. We encourage innovation and growth in a fast paced environment.
You will work as part of a high performance team with duties including:
• Read, understand and follow work assignment and safety instructions;
• Ensure that recoverable shingles are recovered and re-entered into the mill flow;
• Ensure cartons piled straight and pallets strapped properly;
• Ensure unobstructed mill flow, and that production and product specifications are met;
• Use box stapler to assemble boxes;
• Use strapper to band bundles;
• Manually transfer bundles from pallets to conveyors;
• Use of table saw to trim material.
• Able to understand and communicate work instructions, safety procedures and policies;
• Able to work in a fast paced production environment;
• Communicate clearly with supervisors, maintenance personnel and co-workers;
• Visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, quick decision making abilities, strong problem solving skills;
• Clear understanding of Metric and Imperial measure;
• Able to work shift work, as required;
• Commitment to working safely coupled with strong communication & interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently with little supervision;
• Previous experience in an industrial warehouse and/or production environment preferred.
THE TEAL-JONES GROUP OFFERS:
• A competitive wage and benefits program;
• A commitment to safety standards; and
• A collaborative and respectful work environment.
Become a part of our team by sending your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org